Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wednesday, March 19

Back to Acts 17 today and Paul's preaching of the Gospel on Mars Hill. I appreciate when God cuts to the heart of the matter like He does through Paul here. He cuts right to how these people think and he shows that God's way is very different than their way. I have been impulsive over the last 4 or 5 months in response to people who disagree with me. I have not said false things; just maybe seemed harsh because of the 'shock and awe' reaction -- maybe did not seem too compassionate. I don't know if this is sin (Paul reacted strongly and swiftly to wrong thinking). I was reminded yesterday of the words of Peter in Acts 4:12, "Salvation is found in no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." The Bible is so black & white, but when it feels like I am black & white, I part company with someone. Do I go slower to keep them at the table (Acts 17) or just let it rip (Acts 4)? Speaking of let it rip, watch this video by John Piper:

No comments: