Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday, March 17

As I prayed through the scriptures today, the focal point was Acts 17-16-23. I noticed Paul's willingness to study what his audience's thinking was based on, but his presentation of Gospel was unswerving. I appreciate that very much as I am a no-nonsense presenter of God's Word also, but I prayed that God reveal to me if a stink with my attitude. I was harshly criticized by calling bad teaching 'bad teaching' over the weekend, and just want to make sure that it is the strength of God's Word that offends the sin nature in the minds and hearts of people and not my sorry attitude or agendas. I have asked God to reveal to me if I have sinned in presenting such things as how proud I am of The Bridge for believing in Bible inerrancy, and how I show that some church is inferior and actually should not exist at all if essentials of the Historic Christian faith are not taught correctly. Here is a quote in my response to my critic (who by the way I love very much): I can assure you though that if a church or leader denies the deity or the resurrection of Christ, I will tell our people to stay away from them. If they deny the inerrancy or authority of Scripture, I will tell our people to stay away from them. If they say that there is some other way to heaven other than by faith in the grace and blood of Jesus Christ, I will tell them to stay away from them. That is leadership. If I criticize for lesser things, your comment of unprofessionalism is accurate.
I am begging God to reveal sin, forgive me, and make me the leader He wants me to be.

No comments: