Saturday, October 4, 2008

Some Whacko IT Thoughts

IT is a heart abandoned for Christ. People who are ruined in a good way can find IT. What if you were the good friend of someone who lives far from God that you are trying to show God's grace by the way you live. It is September 11, 2001 and you discover that your friend was one of the ones in the Towers. They died -- you would be ruined, but you would probably experience a change in the passion with which you share the Gospel -- little more talking to go with the walking. This is not destructive ruin.
Sin is destructive ruin.
Anger can be destructive ruin.
When you are ruined for God, it is constructive. It creates IT.
God takes the brokenness and makes IT powerful.
When Christ has ruined me, broken me to where I have had to solely rely on Him or worship only Him, focus on Him, I have IT. When I have IT, I can't stand to see people without Christ, people playing Church, people heading toward the Towers. IT will not let me rest until they at least look at the Gospel. IT drives me.

No comments: